Saturday, January 27, 2007

My new gung-ho attitude towards getting healthy is certainly becoming an interesting experience. Coming from a past of being very athletic and into a present of being... the opposite... I think that I might be pushing myself a little harder than is warranted.

Yoga on Thursday with Justin was awesome. The teacher is hard, but supportive. The poses are fairly elementary, but she moves through them so quickly, you're really getting a work out. I was dripping sweat, something I haven't done for a long time. I could barely stay on my yoga pad I was so slippery. Eww. I know. But I was very pleased with the fact that I was able to keep up with all the poses a lot better than I'd expected. My wrist didn't even trouble me, considering we were in downward dog for most of the class. I feel supercharged afterwards.

Yesterday was a tad rough cause I was starting to feel the exertion more. Then last night I went and had my first one on one session with the personal trainer. She is very nice and funny, and totally non-judgmental. We spent the first half of the session getting all of my information in, no surprises there, I'm in the "unhealthy" range. But she helped me put together a realistic and totally normal meal plan, and set an exercise regime that is not too frightening. She thinks that for me to achieve my goal weight loss (in a healthy way) will take me about 8 months. All in all, that's not a long time, especially when I think of how long it took me to become this sedentary.

But this morning, I felt like I'd moved two apartments and then gone for a jog. So I took a nice hot bath today for about two hours. :)

And now my mom is on her way to pick me up and take me to look at some new houses for sale. It's down in the kind of Glendale area, but the houses are just built and reasonably priced. So, we're going to see if it might be worth the effort. Especially if SarahJo moves out here at the end of February, then she could move in with me. We'd have a nice place for all the dogs and cats to run rampant. How would it be to own my own place and not have to deal with asshole neighbor anymore? Not have to deal with an apartment so drafty it's the same temperature as the outside all year round? Heaven.

2 comments:

katie said...

I live in Glendale. We would be neighbors! How fun for you. I love my house. Best thing I ever did.

Savascha said...

I would love to have a yard for Mr. Burns to run wild in, so he could be out of my hair more, especially when I clean. :) You would have no idea how long it takes to vacuum when you have a dog alternately attacking it, then trying to stand between your legs.

Besides, it'd be nice to do some of the fancy decorating ideas I have, and finally buy some furniture that I didn't get as a D.I. special