Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Put the Fun in Fundraising!

Hey all,
if you've been reading my blog lately, you may have noticed that I have a few, you know... health issues. If you don't know, there is a painfully detailed post here about it.

Well, one of the consequences of all these problems has been my loss of income. I haven't been able to work since March, and haven't received any income since then. I used up all my paid time off and long term sick while in the process of getting diagnosed. I'm going on disability through my company, which will mean I'll be making 60% of what I used to make. If I just had rent and utilities and those usual things to deal with, it'd be tight, but I could do it. The problem is, my medical expenses are steadily racking up.

So, to make a long pitch a little shorter, I'm going to try to sell some of my art work for donations that'll go towards these medical bills.

Right now, I have 18 prints from a show I participated in at Kayo Gallery. It is a 5 inch by 5 inch print. Linoleum cut, letter press and hand coloring on black cold press paper. This is what they look like, sorry for the grainy image.

As I said, there are only 18 available. I am creating a new set of prints that will be available if these run out, they will also be a limited numbered edition.

I am asking for a minimum donation of $20 + 2.50 (for shipping in the US) to receive one of the prints. Of course, if you do not want a print and just want to donate, I will gladly and appreciatively accept that as well. :)

It is through the support of my friends and family that I have been managing to stay so up beat, and also stay afloat. You people continue to amaze me every single day. Thank you for being there.

Love,
Mindy

No comments: