Saturday, June 9, 2007

I am absolute smitten by this man right now. I've always had a major soft spot for magicians. I even had The Harry Black magic kit when I was a kid and never got very good at it. But I've always been fascinated by magic of all types, psychological especially.

Meet Darren Brown... ...an adorable British man who simply does the most amazing feats of psychological trickery.

Here's just a very very silly clip of his. Sorry, but I couldn't get an embedded version.

But then there's this amazing (looooong video) of his show called "Trick or Treat", which is basically an intense mind trip. In this one, a girl has an "out of body" experience with her own death simulated.

4 comments:

katie said...

That was rough. There is no way I could go through that!

Kate Rosenberg said...

I haven't watched, but I will. I just need to share that I hate magicians. Hate them. hate magic tricks, hate the whole thing. Why? I have absolutely no idea. It's certainly a topic for therapy...

Unknown said...

Magicians kind of creep me out. I've seen too much of Criss Angel's greasiness to last a lifetime's worth of cringeing. But then Christian Bale in The Prestige nearly undid all of that.

Savascha said...

Haha, so apparently magicians creep everyone out except for me.

But I agree with Camilla, after Criss Angel all magicians are crap, but post Christian Bale... mmmmm....