Friday, February 22, 2008

Ah yes, the amazing disappearing Mindy. I've not been so blog oriented lately. I'm trying to find a job and feeling slightly pigeonholed by my past 5 1/2 years at my current job. I feel like I would have been better served by working in a field that would line me up for a future career. It seems like I'm shooting off in a million different directions and can't hone in on one specific route. I talk and talk, but can't seem to discover any viable solutions.

Do I:
Open my own boutique, online or physical.
Attempt to sell my art online.
Focus all my attention on school.
Transcription from home.
Go back to retail...?

I'm very torn and feel like I wasted my best years at a job that has left me frazzled and unfulfilled.

2 comments:

Niki said...

I vote for whichever option gets you out of your current job situation. Even a retail job could be fun, if it's at a really rockin' establishment. Maybe just apply at some of your favorite places and see what turns up.

Transcription from home may offer you some flexibility, which could be nice, but sometimes it's good to get out of the house. Maybe you could do a bit of both?

It's so hard to find a good fit these days. So many employers want so much for so little and there are a lot of fuck-holes in management these days, which makes working at even the coolest place a living hell.

I wish you luck, sweetie. I'm keepin my fingers crossed and my eyes peeled. I'm doing the "find Mindy a rockin' job" dance to the gods who are in charge of that thing.

Oh, and PS...I would buy your art online!

katie said...

Mindy,

I am so sorry about everything that is going on. I had no idea!!! I hope things look up soon and please let me know what I can do. Don't stress over rent, I'm not. Just take care of it when you can. Let me know what I can do for you. Chin up! Love ya, k